The environmental campaign group JUST Stop Oil (JSO) announced that it will stop direct actions in the final protest on April 26 at Congress Square.
The group said: “The initial demand for ending new oil and gas is now government policy, and has recently become one of the most successful civil resistance campaigns in history, and we have more than 4.4 billion barrels of oil on the ground, and the court has illegally judged new oil and gas licenses.
“So that’s the end of the soup of Van Goghs, who marches slowly on the streets of Stone Hender, but it’s not the end of trials.
Collapse
JSO added: “When companies and billionaire have corrupt the political system around the world, we need a different approach.
The statement said, “This is not the end of civil resistance, and every government is retreating what is needed to protect us from the outcome of the unprecedented fossil fuel combustion.
“When we head to the world’s heating of 2 ° C by the 2030s, science is clear. Millions of people will have to move or die and the world economy will fall. This is inevitable.
Earlier this month, six protesters, including Roger Hallam, co -founder of the group, were reduced by the Court in prison for their role in the Just Stop Oil demonstration in 2022.
This author
Brendan Montague is the editor -in -chief Ecologicalist. This article is based on the content provided by the PA and the Just Stop Oil press release.