Ad image

T20 World Cup 2024: Rusty Theron labels Haris Rauf for ball tampering during USA vs PAK match

MONews
4 Min Read
world cup advertisement

In a surprising turn of events, the co-hosts USA their beginnings T20 World Cup 2024 The campaign followed with a stunning win over Babar Azam-led Pakistan on Thursday. The match was closely contested, eventually ending in a draw and heading to the Super Over. The U.S. team held its nerve and performed amazingly in the Super Over, earning an unexpected victory against the mighty Men in Green.

Rusty Theron accused Haris Rauf of ball tampering.

After the match, veteran American cricket player Rusty Theron He made headlines by criticizing the Pakistani pacer. Haris Rauf ball modulation. Theron, who previously represented South Africa, claimed that Rauf tried to change the state of the ball by using his fingernails.

“@icc Are you going to pretend Pakistan doesn’t scratch the new ball? Turning over a ball that was just replaced before 2 overs? You can literally see Harris Lauf running the nail of his thumb over the ball at the top of his mark. @usacricket #PakvsUSA,” Theron wrote on X (formerly Twitter).

Also Read: Cricket world bows to USA’s stunning win over Pakistan in 2024 T20 World Cup

Rauf’s performance in the final

Rauf was tasked with bowling the crucial final over of a regular match where the United States needed 15 runs to secure victory. Rauf started strong, allowing just three runs in his first three deliveries. but, Aaron Jones Then I hit a six down the leg side, and then a single. With the last ball, Nitish Kumar He hit center field and gave up four hits, dramatically tying the game.

Monank Patel’s win against Pakistan

american captain Monank Patel Expressed his joy after the landmark win against Pakistan. Patel emphasized the importance of this win for American cricket and its potential to raise the profile of the sport in the country.

“I’m happy to win. It was our first time playing against Pakistan in a World Cup and it was an unbelievable achievement for us to beat them. Yes, I would say today is an important day for Team USA and the American cricket community. Of course, beating Pakistan in the World Cup will open up many opportunities for us. Obviously, having the World Cup in the United States and playing as a team here helps us grow cricket in the country.” Monank said after the game:

The U.S. national team proved its power by beating Bangladesh 2-1 in the three-game home T20I series ahead of the World Cup. After a win over Canada in their World Cup opener, they have now won two games in two games. Just one more win in their upcoming matches against India and Ireland will put them in Super 8 contention.

Also Watch: Azam Khan gets angry at fans after being sent off during 2024 T20 World Cup USA vs PAK match.

Share This Article
Leave a comment